- Shaping the future for Autism
- Integral role
- Carlton location
Amaze is the peak body for autistic people and their families and carers, with a simple but bold 25-year social impact aspiration: a society that respects the dignity of every autistic person and offers them real opportunities to participate and contribute.
Amaze is proud to have been awarded the opportunity to grow from a state-based service in Victoria, to a nationwide service. This change and growth is due to occur imminently, with many changes expected over 2020. As such, this is an incredibly exciting time and interesting opportunity to join the organization and make a significant impact and the reach of Amaze’s services grows.
We are seeking an experienced professional to join Amaze as the Manager, Quality and Operations. In this role, you will lead our Autistic Advisors team and drive the optimal delivery of our service to ensure 1) community understanding of autism in Australia increases over time and 2) opportunities for meaningful participation and a valued contribution increase for people on the autism spectrum. You will guide your team towards the most efficient and effective service delivery, using best practices as well as evidence and the measurement of outcomes to optimise.
As Manager, Quality and Operations, your primary responsibilities and deliverables include:
- Drive and develop the Advisor team to effectively deliver best in practice helpline resources; Promote and engage Advisors to meaningfully connect with the Amaze Strategic Plan
- Provide guidance and supervision of the Advisor service to deliver high quality, independent and evidence based information, support and referrals to the Australian autism community and stakeholders. You will consistently monitor and evaluate the quality of the service through a variety of metrics and feedback
- Through strong leadership and building efficient strategies, enable the Advisor team to provide a high quality service, empowering them to fully deliver in their roles; Build and delivery annual training opportunities; identify gaps in knowledge and skills in order deliver training to close those gaps
- Consistently identify and address opportunities for continuous improvement of the service, including the use of metrics and analysis to inform rostering, training and development for the Advisor team that ensures efficient performance and delivery of high quality, independent and evidence based information, support and referrals to the Australian autism community and stakeholders
Key Selection Criteria includes:
- Tertiary health, disability or community care related qualifications and/or relevant work experience
- Experience managing staff in a Helpline or Information Line is highly preferred
- Experience in leading and managing a helpline service, ideally.
- Demonstrated experience in management and leadership of staff, along with working in a socially and culturally inclusive work place
- Demonstrated experience in use of multiple technologies, especially telephony and customer relationship management system.
- Experience in a Not-For-Profit environment would be highly regarded.
- Knowledge of autism and the National Disability Insurance Scheme is desirable
Amaze is committed to improving employment opportunities for autistic people. We do this through advocating to the broader community and employing autistic people in the organisation. We endeavour to provide support and adjustments through the recruitment process and throughout employment to the specific needs of autistic candidates and employees. Autistic people with the skills and experience outlined in the position description are encouraged to apply.
The position reports to the Manager, Information & Support Services and is part of a dynamic and collaborative team. Apply Now by emailing your application directly to HR@amaze.org.au. Applications close on Monday December 2, 2019 and must address all Key Selection Criteria to be considered.
For more information about Amaze, go their website at https://www.amaze.org.au/
Category: Not for Profit