- Join an amazing team of passionate and driven people
- Connect people with opportunities to change the lives of critically ill children. Make-A-Difference
- Richmond Location – Salary Packaging - Flexibility
Make-A-Wish is one of Australia's most trusted charities and part of the largest wish-granting organisation in the world. We partner with sick children, their families and medical teams to grant wishes as unique as the children who imagine them. Wishes work to complement medical treatment, build resilience and bring hope at the time they need it most. At Make-A-Wish, we have a single purpose and mission to grant the wish of every eligible child.
Reporting to the Head of Philanthropy, you will be responsible for building meaningful long-term relationships with people seeking to create a positive impact on the lives of sick children and for the retention, growth and sustainability of existing supporters. This role has a specific focus on mid to high level gifts from individuals, families, Trusts & Foundations and potential bequest donors.
In this role, you will be responsible for effectively working across the team and directly with supporters to implement and manage all aspects of the philanthropy program for these segments and provide support across other segments as required to support growth.
You'll join at an exciting period of growth for the organisation and will bring your exceptional relationship management, influencing and commercial acumen skills to the role.
Responsibilities of the position will include:
- Strategy: Implement the Philanthropy strategy to retain and grow the contribution of income from donors.
- Operations: Efficiently implement and improve customer experience. Work across the team to collaboratively plan and oversee all marketing and engagement activities for this segment.
- Supporter Relationship Management: Professionally manage and nurture relationships with this segment including current and prospective supporters. Encourage notification of intention and confirmation of inclusion of gifts in wills amongst our supporters.
- Submission Delivery: Work across teams to seek relevant inputs and prepare effective and inspiring propositions for support for individuals, families and Trusts & Foundations
- Leadership: Bring your subject matter expertise to participate in wider Partners and Supporters and Make-A-Wish initiatives to advance our whole of team objectives. Contribute positively to the team environment through the demonstration of behaviours that reflect the Make-A-Wish values.
Qualifications, Skills and Expertise:
- An understanding of and experience in philanthropy and the not-for-profit sector or comparable experience influencing investment in programs for community benefit.
- Exceptional relationship, influencing and stakeholder management skills with the ability to identify stakeholder needs; what they value and how to motivate and communicate with them to secure financial support.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to tailor messaging to a variety of audiences.
- Has a results orientation approach and desire to consistently deliver great outcomes.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant area.
- Strategic and analytical thinking; ability to identify future opportunities and tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Flexible working arrangements negotiable.
In return for your high energy and enthusiasm, Make-A-Wish offers the opportunity to work within an engaged, high-performing team while helping to make a life-changing difference to seriously ill children - what could be a better motivation?
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you, please send your application ASAP.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Make-A-Wish Australia is proud to be a child-safe organisation. Our recruitment practices are strictly adhered to during the application and interview process and include thorough screening to ensure that anyone that joins us at Make-A-Wish aligns with our values and commitment to child safety.