- Fast paced and growing organisation
- Make an immediate impact
- Hallam location
As a household name, this company loves to bake and has been happily doing it since 1951. Over the years they have made many cake lovers happy with their dedication to baking some of Australia’s favourite cakes.
Based in Hallam, the WHS Coordinator will assist in minimising operational risk to the business and drive a safety culture. The successful candidate will play an integral role on site and work closely with the team and senior leaders to ensure the company has policies and procedures in place across all WHS matters, legislation and best practice.
This position will challenge and drive you to think differently and will rely on you to be a real change agent and grow with the business.
Your primary accountabilities will include:
- Develop, implement and review WHS policies and procedures that comply with all relevant OH&S legislation and meet the needs of key stakeholders
- Manage and coordinate all activities associated with WHS policies and procedures
- Develop and implement a WHS plan including system development, risk management promotion of an improved safety culture and training
- Coach supervisors/Managers in managing WH&S issues
- Construct internal WH&S inspection/audit program and risk assessment and drive this program with the assistance of the relevant managers
- Ensure functional compliance with and report all breaches of legal, quality and operational business requirements
The ingredients for Success:
- Demonstrated experience in the safety field in a manufacturing environment (FMCG preferred)
- Certificate IV or Diploma in WH&S or other appropriate discipline
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in implementing training systems, facilitation and training delivery
- Self-motivator who is innovative with high levels of initiative
- Lean or six sigma experience (preferred)
Interested in working with us?
We are looking for driven problem solvers who are energised by shaping change and believe it is possible to be better every day.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to be successful in the role, click APPLY NOW!
Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Category: Retail & Consumer Products