- Identify, develop and nurture strategic partnerships
- Play an integral role in the Make-A-Wish Mission
Make-A-Wish® Australia makes wishes come true for critically ill kids, building resilience and complementing medical treatment. We’re working hard to make sure that in future, every single child battling serious illness can experience a vital wish journey. Our vision is to make every eligible child’s wish come true.
We have 2 amazing opportunities for experienced Business Development Leads to join our Partnerships team and can be located in wither Melbourne HQ or Sydney. The Business Development Leads are responsible for identifying, developing and nurturing strategic, creative and high value partnerships with corporations to effectively grow the Make-A-Wish partnerships portfolio.
This is an integral role to the team where you will utilise your demonstrated sales and new business development abilities and drive and generate new business revenue and attract new corporate partnerships. You are a driven and determined leads generator with a passion for building and developing new business and maintaining long lasting relationships. You take initiative and proactively identify opportunities for further brand exposure and ways to increase opportunities for the organisation.
Responsibilities of the position will include:
- Generates sustainable new business revenue via approaches and negotiations with corporations to build multi-year business partnerships
- Ownership of the prospect pipeline, maximising market potential and relationships and ensuring all prospects are selected and managed in line with prescribed risk management policies and framework
- Retention and growth of the current partners, working collaboratively with the Business Partnerships Team to deliver the best possible outcomes
- Focus on generating income for future years by seeking multi-year agreements
- Conceptualise and deliver a range of creative marketing led campaigns with major corporations that embody the values and brand essence of Make-A-Wish®
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Strong new business development and relationship development skills
- Record of achievement in developing high quality pitch propositions and presentations to major corporations
- Demonstrated relationship focus and ability to deliver bottom line results
- Understanding of corporate sponsorship packaging, cause related marketing and corporate social responsibility
- With an honest open and transparent approach, you are a trusted and consistent member of the team with high ethical boundaries
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Business, Commerce or a related field is advantageous
- Excellent communication, negotiation and networking skills with an ability to think creatively and liaise effectively with a diverse range of people
In return for your high energy and enthusiasm, Make-A-Wish offers the opportunity to work within an engaged, high-performing team while helping to make a life-changing difference to seriously ill children – what could be a better motivation?
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Please click the link to apply or call Emilie from fibreHR on 9205 5804 for a confidential discussion.
Make-A-Wish Australia is proud to be a child-safe organisation. Our recruitment practices are strictly adhered to during the application and interview process and include thorough screening to ensure that anyone that joins us at Make-A-Wish aligns with our values and commitment to child safety.
Category: Not for Profit