- Join an amazing culture of passionate and driven people
- Connect people with opportunities to change the lives of critically ill children in Australia and Israel through their charitable giving
- Richmond location, part-time 0.1 role with flexible hours
- Make-A-Difference every day!
Make-A-Wish is one of Australia’s most trusted charities and part of the largest wish-granting organisation in the world, with 39 affiliates, supporting children in nearly 50 countries on five continents, including Israel. We partner with sick children, their families and medical teams to grant wishes as unique as the children who imagine them. Wishes work to complement medical treatment, build resilience and bring hope at the time they need it most. At Make-A-Wish, we have a single purpose and mission to grant the wish of every eligible child.
The Make-A-Wish Australia and Make-A-Wish Israel Shared Appeal was established four years ago to give supporters the power to change lives in both Australia and Israel and give where they live and where they love.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced relationship manager to join our team as Philanthropy Coordinator, to manage and grow existing relationships with supporters of the Shared Appeal and to secure new funding opportunities and welcome new supporters to the Shared Appeal community. You’ll bring a passion for giving, exceptional relationship management, organisational and influencing skills and strong networks and will play a critical role to make more wishes possible for sick children in Australia and Israel.
Responsibilities of the position will include:
- Manage and grow existing relationships with program partners, Jewish schools and young people and their families to engage and inspire them to choose Make-A-Wish for donation gifts from their Bar/Bat Mitzvah celebrations and for other fundraising support.
- Work with the Head of Philanthropy and broader team to develop and manage the strategy for the Shared Appeal and donor journey experience, including engagement and communications, acquisition, reactivation, renewal and upgrade.
- Represent Make-A-Wish at events and presentations.
- Acquire and steward major donor relationships including event management as required.
- Work across the Make-A-Wish team in Australia and Israel to effectively segment, engage and communicate with our donor base.
- Effective governance, risk and budget management for the Shared Appeal.
- Develop and manage all donor meetings, mailings, phone calls and cultivation events in conjunction with the Shared Appeal and other supporter segments if required.
- Make recommendations to improve program performance.
- Provide regular reporting and workflow updates to the Head of Philanthropy.
- Work with the Data team to develop analysis to inform strategy and make recommendations for program growth, review data extraction lists and ensure they are in-line with the communication preferences of each supporter.
Qualifications, Skills and Expertise:
- Exceptional relationship management skills to increase awareness of the work Make-a-Wish does in order to strengthen relationships and secure funding for the Shared Appeal.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to tailor messaging to a variety of audiences.
- Strong, engaging presentation skills and ability to inspire people to give.
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to manage and support numerous stakeholders to successfully deliver business outcomes to deadlines.
- Experience in budget monitoring and reporting.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- Data and analytical skills favourable.
- An understanding of fundraising and the not-for-profit sector or comparable experience influencing investment in programs for community benefit will be highly regarded.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment within flexible hours.
- Must be available to work occasional weekend hours as required to manage Shared Appeal events.
In return for your high energy and enthusiasm, Make-A-Wish offers the opportunity to work within an engaged, high-performing team while helping to make a life-changing difference to seriously ill children - what could be a better motivation?
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you, please send your application ASAP.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Make-A-Wish Australia is proud to be a child-safe organisation. Our recruitment practices are strictly adhered to during the application and interview process and include thorough screening to ensure that anyone that joins us at Make-A-Wish aligns with our values and commitment to child safety.
Category: Not for Profit